Nothing But Dust
Written by admin on March 22, 2018
Job 4:17 (KJB) Shall mortal man be more just than God? shall a man be more pure than his maker?
There are some who think that they are, but man is nothing but dust!
Genesis 2:7 (KJB) And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul.
Genesis 3:19 (KJB) In the sweat of thy face shalt thou eat bread, till thou return unto the ground; for out of it wast thou taken: for dust thou art, and unto dust shalt thou return.
Genesis 18:27 (KJB) And Abraham answered and said, Behold now, I have taken upon me to speak unto the Lord, which am but dust and ashes:
Psalms 103:13-14 (KJB)
(13) Like as a father pitieth his children, so the LORD pitieth them that fear him.
(14) For he knoweth our frame; he remembereth that we are dust.
Be careful! Do you remember the five “I will’s” of Lucifer?
Isa 14:11-15 (KJB)
(11) Thy pomp is brought down to the grave, and the noise of thy viols: the worm is spread under thee, and the worms cover thee.
(12) How art thou fallen from heaven, O Lucifer, son of the morning! how art thou cut down to the ground, which didst weaken the nations!
(13) For thou hast said in thine heart, I will ascend into heaven, I will exalt my throne above the stars of God: I will sit also upon the mount of the congregation, in the sides of the north:
(14) I will ascend above the heights of the clouds; I will be like the most High.
(15) Yet thou shalt be brought down to hell, to the sides of the pit.
I know that Lucifer was not made from the dust as man was, but my point here, is pride. We need to be careful of pride. Pride is what makes people think more highly of themselves then they are. God hates ALL sin, but pride is what he hates the most, because it robs him of his glory. It is not a mistake that a proud look is listed first in the following verses.
Pro 6:16-19 (KJB)
(16) These six things doth the LORD hate: yea, seven are an abomination unto him:
(17) A proud look, a lying tongue, and hands that shed innocent blood,
(18) An heart that deviseth wicked imaginations, feet that be swift in running to mischief,
(19) A false witness that speaketh lies, and he that soweth discord among brethren.
Now look at the following verses.
Rom 12:3 (KJB)
(3) For I say, through the grace given unto me, to every man that is among you, not to think of himself more highly than he ought to think; but to think soberly, according as God hath dealt to every man the measure of faith.
Pro_13:10 (KJB) Only by pride cometh contention: but with the well advised is wisdom.
Pro_16:18 (KJB) Pride goeth before destruction, and an haughty spirit before a fall.
Let’s never forget who made us, and from what he made us from.